2018 General Election
George Bell, 40, filed for Judge Eric Levinson's vacant seat in the newly created District 26C. The new district only includes voters that reside in Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Long Creek, Mt. Island Lake, and a few precincts in Charlotte that touch Lincoln and Gaston counties, generally.
There is no primary in this general election due to the redistricting of Mecklenburg County. As a result, several newcomers have decided to run for open seats.
Bell will have huge shoes to fill should he be elected to replace Superior Court Judge Eric Levinson. Like Levinson, Bell is also a registered republican. Bell faces two democrats for the Levinson vacant seat.
The general election will be held on November 6, 2018.
Judicial Candidate George Bell
SUPERIOR COURT DISTRICT 26 C
From working as a judicial clerk for the prestigious 7th Judicial Circuit to opening his own practice in 2006, George has represented clients facing legal issues for nearly 15 years. He made headlines in 2016 when he won the North Carolina primary for District Court Judge and faced the incumbent in the general election. Litigating civil and criminal cases in the courtroom, George has hands-on experience with how the judicial system works. Having a passion to help others and solve problems are George's greatest qualities. If elected to Superior Court, George will seek to uphold the Constitution, apply the facts to the law, and make decisions that are fair, just, and equitable.
REGENT UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL
Juris Doctor, 2003
B.S., Business Administration, 2000
• North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
Activities & Affiliations
- Carolina Rapids Soccer, Board Member
- Grace Covenant Church, 1st Grade Sunday School Teacher, Council Member
- Grace Covenant Academy, Committee Member
- Strikers Soccer, Volunteer Coach
- Court Watch Charlotte, General Counsel
- Mooresville Wrestling, Volunteer Coach
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Mecklenburg County Criminal Defense Lawyers Ass'n, Member
- North Mecklenburg Republican Women's Club, Non-voting member